Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mike Lull Sound Clips??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassrebelpr, Nov 6, 2003.

1. bassrebelpr

bassrebelpr Guest

Dec 4, 2002
    Aguadilla, PR
    I would like to know where Can I find Mike Lull's basses sound clips, I'm really interested in it's sound.

Thanx a lot

2. bassrebelpr

bassrebelpr Guest

Dec 4, 2002
    Aguadilla, PR
  3. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    I don't know of any sites of solo clips of Lull Basses, but if you check out Queensryche's "Live Evolution" album, Eddie Jackson gets a killer tone out of his Modern IV!

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

The bassist on the Conan O'Brien show uses one... again, killer tone. You can catch reruns on Comedy Central if it's past your bedtime. :)

5. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
  6. Splanky

Splanky

Jun 10, 2002
    Gothenburg Sweden
    Visit www.bryanbeller.com
    And look around for soundclips. There are plenty!
    He plays a Modern 5. Good descriptions of equipment used along every soundclip.
    Very tasty playing as well!

Happy surfin!

7. I love my Lull vintage jazz 4. Whenever I take this bass into a gig with people who haven't played with me before I always hear the comment "that bass sounds great!" It happens almost every time.

8. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Anyone out there play Lull's P basses? How would you compare them to Fender MIM or Sadowsky's?

9. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
  10. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    I have a Lull P-4 and love it. The bass performs excellent in all areas. Action is perfect and super low with no fret buzz, neck has no dead or hot spots, sustains like crazy, light-weight, pups are totally quiet (Lindy Fralin), has a BIG meaty P Bass tone. All notes are even all over the neck and string to string. IMO there's actually nothing bad to say about this bass. Highly recommended!
    [​IMG]