1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Mike Lull T4 Thunderbird

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by g4string, Oct 16, 2016.

1. g4string

g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Price:
    $2200
    Strings:
    EDIT- before the question gets asked.....open to trade offers for other bass guitars of equal value. Am interested in a nice 4 string fretless. Please note, I am not interested in adding cash for any proposed deal. Cash is king and I greatly prefer a cash sale. I am open to non-bass gear trades. Looking for a nice acoustics guitar (points for Gibson J-45), the "right" Tele, and maybe a nice guitar tube amp too.

Awesome Mike Lull T4 Thunderbird Bass Guitar. This instrument was made for the Atlanta Bass Gallery in 2009. The instrument is in excellent shape. The only exceptions worth noting would be a few minor scratches/dings on the rear of the bass, in addition to some minor finish cracking near the neck pocket; both of which are too difficult to even show up in pictures. Specs are as follows:

• mahogany body
    • mahogany bolt-on neck
    • 8.6 pounds
    • Brazilian rosewood fret board, with extreme figuring. (FWIW, Mike Lull can no longer get Brazilian rose wood. That makes this bass a little extra special).
    • 2 Tone Burst
    • fitted G&G hard case
    • 12" fret board radius
    • 1.5 bone nut
    • 21 frets
    • 34" scale
    • graphite reinforced neck
    • Hipshot ultra light tuners w/ D-Tuner

From Mike Lull's website

"Mike’s take on the classic T-Bird style bass takes “the thunder" to a whole new level! The T4 has deep and huge tones reminiscent of that 70’s grunt we all know and love but with a twist of extra sweetness and articulation. This unique tonal difference was accomplished by Mike reverse engineering a set of 1964 T-Bird pickups while adding his own take to the design creating truly earth shattering bassaliciousness!

And here’s another perk — no headstock dive! Yes the original 'Birds had headstocks that just loved to dive to the floor when hands were taken off the bass, Mike has aleviated this issue while at the same time dramatically lowering the weight making the bass’s overall ergonomics much friendlier to the player.

» Classic T-Bird style with a sweet twist

» Every Mike Lull instrument is hand-built by Mike himself

» Built in Bellevue, Washington, USA - Just outside Seattle

» Every Mike Lull instrument gets a PLEK precision fret-leveling"

NOTE. PICS ARE FROM PREVIOUS SELLER'S THREAD(s). BASS CONDITION IS THE SAME AS PICTURED.

IMG_4081.JPG
    IMG_4082.JPG IMG_4083.JPG IMG_4084.JPG IMG_4085.JPG IMG_4086.JPG IMG_4090.JPG IMG_4091.JPG IMG_4092.JPG IMG_4093.JPG IMG_4094.JPG

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  2. So much yes.

3. rodv66

rodv66

Jul 4, 2016
    NJ
    Great T Bird, hope it finds the right home.

4. That is beautiful

5. g4string

g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Thx. Me too. Mrs. G4string was NOT happy with this purchase, at all. The sooner this leaves my home, the sooner I can restore balance back to my wife's jaded opinion of me. Haha!!

StrangerBasses likes this.
  6. ShaneF

ShaneF

Oct 15, 2015
    dang I missed it :( congrats with the sale.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 26, 2020