1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale/Trade Mike Lull T5 3rd PRICE REDUCTION!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TheBear, Jul 8, 2018.

1. TheBear

TheBear Bergantino Artist, Vibe9 IEM Artist Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Price:
    $2400
    Strings:
    Well, the time has come to make a hard but necessary decision. Up for sale is my Mike Lull T5 in Lake Placid Blue. 35” scale, 1 7/8” nut width, Straplocks and I added in those Gibson-style potentiometer markers. Bittersweet for me, maybe a NBD for you?

I picked this bass up from Bass Club Chicago about 9 months ago as a backup to my last Sadowsky, and it became my #1 for a little while. Great punchy, rocking tone and incredible craftsmanship (though that’s the norm for Lull and other basses in this league). However, going back and forth from the 35” scale Lull and the 34” scale Sadowsky is a hard transition for my hobbit-sized hands and I’m going to stick with 34” basses from now on. It’s got some wear on it from before I got it and I managed to add some of my own as well (I guess I could call it “relicing” but none of it was intentional), I’ve tried to show it as best as I could in the photos.

Comes with a custom-made Gruene Road Cases flight case / ATA case and a custom-made Probagg black leather gigbag (it didn’t come with a Mike Lull hardshell case when I bought it).

Asking $2400 PayPal shipped (CONUS/U.S.A. addresses only please), though if you’re in Texas and somewhat close to Austin we could probably be able to work out a slightly cheaper cash price if I don’t have to ship this bass and can just meet you somewhere.

Really looking for Sadowsky 5-strings regarding trades, +\- cash depending on what you’ve got.

IMG_1013. IMG_1015. IMG_1016. IMG_1017. IMG_1018. IMG_1019. IMG_1020. IMG_1021. IMG_1022. IMG_1023. IMG_1024. IMG_1025. IMG_1026. IMG_1027. IMG_1028. IMG_1029. IMG_1030. IMG_1031. IMG_1032.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    That’s cool!
    How does it balance on a strap?

TheBear likes this.
  3. TheBear

Jun 15, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Pretty well! I don’t get any nose dive on it, I use a 3” thick nylon strap that’s kind of “grippy” for all of my basses.

4. TheBear

Jun 15, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Taking this down from TB Classifieds for now. It’s for sale at a local shop on consignment, if anyone is interested PM me and I’ll get you the pertinent information.

5. TheBear

Jun 15, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Putting this bass back on the market, got a new road gig and took it off consignment to try it out but I prefer my Sadowsky for that gig.

6. S.O.T.G. Rich

S.O.T.G. Rich Gold Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2014
    Corpus Christi Texas
    I know this bass well. It is incredible:)

TheBear likes this.