Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mike Patton and spring reverb.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Does anyone know how he gets the particular spring reverb tone from his stuff with Mr. Bungle and Fanômas?

I know it's probably not just a guitar amp. As some finger snaps and other percussion are run through it.

And it's just so awesome sounding for me not to buy and use it.

Anyone know? Is it a processor unit, or an analog thingy? Anyone know?

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I think I know what you are talking about, you have California by Mr. Bungle right? If so, I know the reverb sound you are talking about. And I can get that sound through a standard guitar amp with the reverb to 11.

3. Think 'Sweet Charity' :D

The guitarist in my band gets it by (as you suggested) literally cranking the reverb in his Marshall to almost the maximum...

4. Deadworks

Deadworks

Dec 13, 2004
    St.Louis, MO
    Everytime I've seen bungle patton has this massive amount of guitar stomp boxes set up that he gets his effects through. I'm assuming the reverb would be no different. Studio it could be different but since they sound so close to CD quality live I doubt it. Sorry I don't know the name of the exact pedal but you might be able to play "match an effect" if you can find a shot of his effects board and a music catalogue you might be able to find a reverb pedal in there.