1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mike pope flexcore core barrel jack question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by KINGPIN_88, May 20, 2017.

1. KINGPIN_88

KINGPIN_88

Mar 20, 2014
    Hey all I have a question about wiring of this barrel jack with the flexcore. Just need to know where each tip goes to. I am now thinking I need to move one wire to the outside ground wire but not sure it is a 4 prong/tip jack. Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    OK, we already know that the lug that's touching the edge of the barrel itself is ground.

to find the hot lug, plug the jack into an amp, then use a little metal wrench or screwdriver to touch each lug; the one that makes the loud buzzing noise is the hot lug.

one of the two leftover lugs will be for the negative from the battery; i have a feeling the two jacks are a switched jack to ground and a ring connection for stereo operation. you'd need a meter to tell, but i suspect that they would actually both work as the 9V negative.

3. evilgus

evilgus Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Some of the Switchcraft barrel jacks have the lugs around the other way. If you find the output volume is very faint and distorted, switch the orange and green wires around. Just fitted another Pope yesterday, plus changed the barrel jack and had that issue.

EG

ex-tension likes this.