1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Mike Pope Flexcore Preamp - 5 Knob

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by chadhargis, May 25, 2017.

1. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Price:
    I'm selling my Mike Pope Flexcore preamp which was used for a few months in my Lakland 55-02. Works perfectly and sounds great but I'm going to do something different with that bass so I'm offering this pristine Flexcore at an amazing price so I can fund my next experiment.

Here's the scoop:

Supports 2 pickups
    Volume Knob (pull for passive)
    Blend Knob
    Tone Knob (works in active or passive mode)
    Stacked Bass/Treble
    Stacked Low Mid/High Mid
    Low Mid frequency select switch
    High Mid frequency select switch

It will run 9v or 18v. I used the internal battery box so the 9v connector is clipped off of one set of wires. This is an easy fix. Solder on a new one, or solder the wires together for 9v operation. Easy stuff.

You can adjust the bass and treble frequencies with jumpers but they are all set to factory default of 64hz and 6000hz respectively. The frequencies can be set as follows...the mid frequences have the external switches and can be switched on the fly.

• Treble: +/- 15dB @ 6kHz or 10kHz
    • Hi Mid: +/- 15dB @ 1kHz or 1.8kHz
    • Lo Mid: +/-12dB @ 330Hz or 473Hz
    • Bass: +/- 12dB @ 46Hz or 90Hz
    Also supplied are "Sadowsky" style knobs. Three single knobs for the Volume, Blend, and Tone as well as two concentric knobs for the bass/treble and hi mid/lo mid.

Enough of the boring stuff...lets see the goods!

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 7.09.01 PM.

All the goodies:
    IMG_2144.

Midrange frequency switches....dead sexy!
    IMG_2145.

The second set of battery leads have been cut with plenty of slack left to do what you wanna do: IMG_2146.

Attached Files:

2. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    And.....SOLD!