Mike Portnoy's 10 Favorite Albums

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by StanFan, May 22, 2007.

1. It's divided into 2 sections: modern albums and classic albums. I like how he included Mr. Bungle's self titled album on the list. And I was surprised he didn't mention Master of Puppets (maybe he got sick of it after performing it live :D ). Any thoughts on his selections?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_39872565_1/026-3753586-6943607?ie=UTF8&docId=1000072213&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=14890HJFJ4SFGXF5T75R&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=140129891&pf_rd_i=13831911

2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    For such a phenomenal drummer he sure has some dodgy choices!

The Who? Elton John? Radiohead? Muse? Pink Floyd? David Bowie?

Dear lord.

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Actually the only thing that surprised was how conservative the choices are - so it's like he's concerned to justify that these must be the albums that everybody liked - rather than what was personal to him....?

Just my feeling...?

4. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    I have no issues with any of them. I have never heard Mr.Bungle or Spilt Milk so I can't comment.

The rest of the list is very, very solid.

Did you think his list would be a Prog Rock's who's who?

Sounds like a well-rounded guy, musically......

5. I like his take on Mr. Bungle's first cd. I'm going to use that analogy to describe it.

6. Hmm, all I see is classic bands and artists. I don't see why you think they are "dodgy". There are many differences between an opinion and a fact, you know...

7. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    OMG...you MUST listen to Mr. Bungle. That cd is so chaotic because it just goes into just about every genre of music you could imagine.

8. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I think they are great choices.surprised to see no Metallica or Zep in there.
    He had classics E.g. The Who, Floyd,Beatles etc which is expected but I loved the fact he had Muse on there.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021