Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mike Tyson is broke.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Yup, Mike Tyson has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. How does one guy blow $300 million (other than buying basses ;) )?!

He may also be going to jail again, for assault on two women. What's up with stupid rich guys beating women, huh?

I think the last thing Tyson did that was really good was Punch Out! for Nintendo. One of the best games ever!

Let the Mike bashing begin.

2. [miketysonvoice]i donth fhink fhis is ferry funny. [/miketysonvoice]

:D

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well....He's not the most eloquent person alive, but he does know boxing, and he does love what he knows. I can appreciate that, all the other stuff aside.

4. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Well with that mentality, I guess we can also appreciate the works of Charles Manson. Even though he was a cold-blooded killing murderer, I can respect that. He had love for killing others mercillously when he had deemed the right time for him, but I can appreciate that, all other stuff aside.

Tyson was a crock, always was a crock, and still will be a crock even through his poverty. He just never knew when to stop, whether it be beating up people over petty conversations in hotel lobbies or biting a fellow boxers ear off, in two attempts in the same night. I respect that he made those decisions alone by himself, but as a real man, he must face the consequences. If he does that, I respect him in that regard.

5. He won't be broke for long, all it takes is one more fight and he'll back to making alot more than us.

He can only read/write at the 6th grade level (fact), so i don't think he can do much else.

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Is he broke? Busted? Or not working?

Or all of the above?

7. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    Man, that made me blow my soda pop out my nostrils! ROFLMAO!

8. GREATEST POST. EVAR :D

9. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    ...:eek: shhhhh! the smart guy is talking:eek:....

10. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    :D

Glad some of you guys liked that one. I'm here all week. Thank you.

:p

11. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    If it wasn't for all of the controversy surrounding him, do you think anyone would care about Tyson nowadays or do you think he would just be a washed up has-been?

12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Terrorism is not the only "futures" market. There's all that newsprint and airtime that has to be used up.

13. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    All Don King's boxers go broke at the end, why is Tyson any different?

14. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    No, he doesn't - not compared to an Ali, or a Surgar Ray. Tyson is all brute force, no 'sweet science'. Boxers don't bite.

15. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Ever since he fired Rooney, he has got to hell in a basket.

Mike

16. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    SSSShhhhh another smart guy is talking.

This is spot on. Unfortunately a lot of TB'ers have never seen Sugar Ray or Ali fight and they'll never understand the difference.