1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mike Visceglia

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by thehess, Dec 29, 2011.

1. thehess

thehess

Jun 15, 2011
    It's always fun to be presented with player you didn't know, and find out that he played on music that you really respect. Mike's work with Suzanne Vega (live evidence, a little more, and in the studio) is just right. Her arrangements give him lots of space, and he fills it with nice grooves. When I searched for him in "Bassists", his name came up in "favorite tone", "favorite session players", "influenced you", and "underappreciated". Not surprising.

Meeting Mike at the Philly date for the Bass Immersion program that he and Patrick Pfeiffer run. A full day program with seminars by Mike, Patrick, Will Lee and Gerald Veasley, hosted by Glen Marrazzo at his Bass Specialities store in Bensalem, PA. Worth getting up early on a Sunday!

(A recent email indicated a small number of seats left, @$200 for the day. The date is Sunday, Jan 8. PM me if you are interested, and I can email you the flyer )