Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mike Watt custom bass?

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by hoser, Jun 2, 2002.

1. hoser

hoser

Jun 1, 2002
    Virginga MN
    Mr. Watt-
    I have a favor to ask of you. I've been building basses from scratch for a few years now and have little to no "exposure." If I made a bass for you (N/C) would you use it occasionally on the road? I now you have an affinity to the ol' Gibsons, and far be it from me to change that, but it might help a budding luthier out. Plus it's a free bass. Let me know what you think.

p.s. I saw you at the Norshore Theatre in Duluth ealier this week. Hellva show.

2. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    I am just finishing a bass for watt this week, you can check it out over at http:www.dhuffguitars.com

I will be giving it to him in seattle on June 8th

3. Caffeinated

Caffeinated

Jul 28, 2002
    Pottstown, PA
    I know when I saw Watt in Philly lat time - His bass had all the paint worn off it where his wrist rubs. - looked like he had played well more than a few gigs with that guitar. - I reckon when he finds a thud staff he likes - he sticks with it :)

4. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    You could always give it to me...:D

5. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

hi,

thank you much for the nice words and the offer. you can write me at the hoot page directly:

hootpage@yahoo.com

good luck w/your new craft!

don't worry, I'll play any brand that gives up the go!

on bass, watt