Mike Watt is my hero!

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by Stupidnick, May 30, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Mr Watt..

I didn't recently jump on the minute men bandwaggon.. because ive heard yalls great tunes off and on since i was 9 (my brother played Ballot Result to death and i loved everyminute of it!)
    which my favorite song is probably The cheerleaders and i really like that drum bit in split red(Im a drummer too and its one of the best drum bits ive ever heard imo)
    My problem is.. I have a blues/punk/fusion band that consist of me on bass, my friend andrew on drums who is a constant jazz head.. a blues guitarist and a lead singer.. our lead singer is moving off and they want me to take up vocal dutys..
    and im kinda skared..
    My question is not sooo much technique but how do you get used to singing and playing bass at the same time? our album (the angry mennonites) is coming out sometime in December... DIY.. and i was just wondering
    if anyone can help.. especially mike... then it would be greatly apriciated...
    Mike i love your music and it will be with me for the rest of my life... thanks for playing

PS: sorry if i spelled some things wrong.. im tired lol because its 1 and ive been up since 7 in the studio =X