1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mike_v_s versus the City of Slidell

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mike_v_s, Sep 9, 2008.

1. I'm not taking them to court, but we aren't seeing eye to eye on the issue of my water bill. This month's came. I **** you not. They claim I used 87062 gallons of water in a 37 day period. Average consumption for my family of four during the summer with a green lawn gets me to about 11000 gallons. This new bill is for 8 times that.

For the unitiated....

That is:
    a) 1285 ADDITIONAL toilet flushes PER DAY

b) enough to fill a 30x50 ft. pool with a 3ft shallow end and a 10 ft deep end.

c) just enough to get me to call and throw out the first two stats as well as ask the other person on the line if they own the pool I filled.

We went around about this last month (hence my access to my Water Consumption Report), but it wasn't nearly this bad. I'm close to hooking a hose up to City Hall and bathing on their dime.

Mike

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    LOL. You're living the dream baby. Living the dream.

3. steve21

steve21 Banned

Thassa lotta watta.

4. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Do you own or rent?

A running toilet (bad tank seal) can leak a on of water.

5. Is Sam Caruso still involved in city government? I know he was the mayor for a while...

...if so, tell him I did Emily (his daughter) in his driveway back in '80, that might rattle his cage a bit, she was a real minx, that one. May not help with the water bill, but hey, messing up someone at city hall during something like this is at the least a moral victory.

:D

6. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Does your bill show what the meter readings were at the start and end of the billing cycle? If it does, go check the meter reading for yourself. If you can't get to it, demand that the City gives to access to it.

Good luck.

7. That's the post of the YEAR right there!!!! I almost dribbled out some iced tea!!!!! LMMFAO!!!!

8. Own and the toilets are leak free (one sticks every now and then, but it's a simple fix).

Mike

9. The best part: it's true.

Veracity is a virtue.

:D

10. :) Ben Morris is the current Mayor. Caruso went out about the time I moved in.

Oh, the numbers on the bill line up with the amount claimed, I'm just positive it's ********. They installed a new reading system that lets the guy just point a gun at a transmitter sticking out of the meter. I calmly informed the lady on the other end that there was a small possibility that the new system might still have a 80000 gallon glitch that needs to be worked out.

Mike

11. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    OMG. I'm crying over here. That's is so beautiful. Please tell me that's true. :D

EDIT. Guess I should read the whole thread. Nice. That's all I gotta say. Nice. Hat's off and cheers. :hyper:

12. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I'm not sure where they put the meters in your neck of the woods, but we had some pretty ridiculous bills when our water main sprung a leak and we didn't know it yet. On our house, in the historic district of the 'Ville, the meters are out by the curb under the ground, and the leak was about 20ft in. Any way you can check this?

13. I aspire to your greatness, sir. I have had my moments, and yes, that was one, but you sir, your every breath is sheer genius.

;)

14. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    minx. LMAO. She's a real minx that one. Gold. Pure gold. :D

15. LOL. Yeah it is! :D

16. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Just missing the Rrrrrrrowl sound effect.

17. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Did you turn your back yard into a mud wrestling pit? :eyebrow:

18. and did you invite the Mayor's daughter?????? youtube!

19. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    hey mike that was me I ran several thousand miles of hose to fill up our pool here in Chicago. i got 10bucks. that should cover it, and I'll give you some extra hose too

20. They claim they checked last month during round one. I believed them then...now I'm not so sure. I was old a "technician" would be out in the next 2-3 days to see if he could find out what the problem is. I'm sure he'll be as capable as the rest of the people I've had to deal with.

Mike