Mikey Craig (Culture Club)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by berklee46, Feb 27, 2002.

1. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Don't laugh, he's a really solid player...

Anyway, I was listening to the VH1 Storytellers CD and found that he also had a great tone - very smooth and even.
    Any idea what basses he plays?
  2. Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    nice one, check out the bassline on culture clubs 'victims' (it dosent come in till the last verse)..pretty sweet and great tone.
  3. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    During the recent Culture Club reunion, he played a five-string Fender Jazz and a Bass Collection bass.
  4. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me"

...that tune proves, IMO, that the guy has it goin' on.
  5. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    If you want to hear a bass player really *lock* with the drummer, take a listen to the VH1 Storytellers CD. It's a great example of tasteful playing and being right in the pocket with the kick drum.
  6. Kelvin

Apr 30, 2000
    He actually plays a real bass on "Time (clock of the heart) on VH1.

I recall a keyboard bass being used in the original version. Pity, as it had a nice soulful feel to it.
  7. See this is the hard thing about being a bass player. If I said "Man the bass line in Karma Carmeleon kicks" some of you would know what I am talking about, a guitar player would just look at you odd.
  8. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  9. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    Nick Beggs is still a great bassist. He's still around, although it seems more of his playing is with a Chapman stick, rather than a bass.

Check out Deon Estus' bassline in "Heaven Help Me" that was on his solo album - very nice....