Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mikkey Dee's drum solo

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dave_clark69, Nov 25, 2003.

1. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Straight to the point
    Does anyone know this solo by the motorhead drumer-pure excelence. I saw him play it at Portsmouth in October. He started playing and then lemmy and phil Campbell come on and do a little guitar bit. I think the song lasted about 5-6 minutes.

I really need to know this song and what it is called. Can anyone help me... FAST ???

2. I dont think that solo has a name...ive seen Motorhead in concert and seen Mikkey go crazy. And apparantly they like to let him shine quite often.
    I think its just a generic drum solo.

3. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Now i listened to my albums of theirs, i believe it is sacrifice. But when he played it, it went on longer and there was basically no singing

4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yeah, you must mean Sacrifice. They've usually done it in dark hall with only couple green spots on. It has simple lyrics, though.

I think Mikkey is one of the best drummers in rock'n'roll, even if he is a Swede ;)

5. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    He did a drum solo just before the rest of the band returned to the stage to play sacrifice when I saw 'em in Glasgow, so, I'd go with Sacrifice (like the others suggested :) ).