1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mikro or small guitars.com 1/2 bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tymbrewolf, Mar 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. tymbrewolf

tymbrewolf

Nov 10, 2003
    Okay here goes the story I currently have hadean 21 in bass uke bass Uke and a Luna base that has the flatwound on it girl 20 21 inch scale. Now here goes the question I used to play big bass but my hands are less flexible as I'm getting older and having some nerve issues so I went to the uke basis I really like the Luna because it is a short scale flatwound that I usually play it with a octave pedal. I've had 23 inch scale gold tone, fancy Kala, Ashbury with the silicones, I've played full-size uprights small 3/4 when I was in Orchestra years ago. my two bass Uke's that have the rubber strings I like kala over the Aquila are both fretless. I'm looking at expanding and really looking at a mikro from Ibanez. So here's the question what's the quality of the small guitars half size I don't want a 30-inch I know and I've seen some 23s that look really cheap from China so I want something quality that just I can bend strings with that might be a little lighter than a great big heavy Bass. And I know I'm stepping on toes here but no I don't want a 34 inch scale nor do I want a 30 inch scale bass I'm also limited on my space available and the little ubass is I have built-in racks for and what not so 28 is really going huge for me. So let's open up the floodgates

2. mrmxyzptlk

mrmxyzptlk

Jul 16, 2008
    Wow! I wasn't previously familiar with SmallGuitars.com, but your post inspired me to look at their site. The MB2 bass looks pretty cool! I too would be interested in reading the impressions of anyone who has tried one.
    1222-mini_bass_guitar_for_kids_sunburst.
    The funny thing is that not too long ago I bought an Ibanez TMB30 30" scale bass new for $170 and change, and I'm astounded at the quality-to-price ratio, so now the $279.00 price of the MB2 seems downright high to me! I'd be disappointed if its quality weren't at least as good as that of the Ibanez.

3. tymbrewolf

tymbrewolf

Nov 10, 2003
    Member Kohanmike has but he bought long before the price hike. I wound up making my own
    Sub-Short Scale Talk

mrmxyzptlk likes this.
  4. mrmxyzptlk

mrmxyzptlk

Jul 16, 2008
    Thanks! So it appears that the MB2 is the same as the Samick Greg Bennett Corsair MCR-1 Mini Bass. I owned an MCR-1 very briefly. I paid considerably less for it (I think around $150). When it arrived, I found that the setup was less than ideal, and I didn't feel that it was an instrument that merited additional investment, so I sold it. Assuming that the MB2 is the same bass, I do think $279 is a bit expensive. Anyway, good for you for making your own bass!

5. tymbrewolf

tymbrewolf

Nov 10, 2003
    I especially like the 22.5" scale. With flats that fit and have good intonation, it is the perfect size. Now whether to by new pups or start on my second conversion is the question. Next will be mini starcaster or rogue rr50 because I want single humbucker and no pick guard or les paul express.