Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Miles: A Different Kind of Blue

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by sean_seanson, Jun 16, 2005.

1. sean_seanson

sean_seanson

Jul 14, 2004
    http://www.jambase.com/headsup.asp?storyID=6787

These are the future screening dates:
    June 15: Eastman Theater / Rochester Jazz Fest Rochester, NY 8:00 p.m.
    June 20: Florence Gould Hall / JVC Jazz Fest New York, NY 7:00PM & 9:30 p.m.
    June 27: Coolidge Corner Theater / Sculler's Boston, MA
    Aug 11: Jane Pickens Theater / JVC Jazz Fest Newport, RI
    Sept 17 & 18: Monterey Fairgrounds / Monterey Jazz Fest Monterey, CA

Anybody who has already seen this please share your thoughts.

2. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    I own it. Real cool but I'm not the biggest fan of Miles electric stuff. Still if you have some herb sit back and be hypnotized

3. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    I have a ton of Miles after BB and I like it all. Might not be for everyone, but it apparently is for me... I have several before also and like those too. Miles was always pushing the envelope, never happy with doing what had been done, and I have great respect for that. At the time it must have taken nads the size of a dump truck and he took hell for it from the jazz establishment, but he didn't care. He did what he thought he dad to do.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I've got the DVD and it's great to see this band - much funkier than I expected and they way they are looking to Miles and responding to what he's doing/indicating - the interviews were very interesting as well - but I think there was a thread about the DVD release where everybody gave their opinions - search for this and you might get some more views?

5. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Yes, we all rapped about this when it was released onto DVD.

I dig it a lot!