Miles Davis Cds on Sale

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Boplicity, May 16, 2001.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member is having a sale this week of Miles Davis Cds for $8.99. The CDs are Davis' most popular such as "Kind of Blue" and "Round about Midnight." The price seems attractive for folks who are just building a jazz record library or who are especially interested in Miles Davis. It is tough to find CDs that cheap these days. I have always had good service from too. I just posted this because I know we have some avid jazz-o-philes here and I hope they might be interested.
  2. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    'Kind of Blue' is a must have recording for anyone even remotely interested in jazz. If you're not sure you even like jazz, but want to test the waters, make this the first one you get.
  3. NeoTrotskyist

Apr 2, 2001
    And if you want to get into fusion, but find Bitches Brew unlistenable (I don't, but i know a lot of people do), In A Silent Way is also really good. Another must have, in my book.
  4. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    The Complete In A Silent Way sessions are due out on Columbia Jazz later this year(maybe Sept?).
    I've been re-visiting BB this week; if you're into early Weather Report, Bitches Brew should be no problema.
    BTW, Columbia is also set to release a never-been-released Live @The Fillmore set(2 cds?) that IS Miles' band during the BB era...the 5-tet is Miles, Shorter, Holland, Corea, & DeJohnette.
    From the little I've read about this 5-tet, both Holland & Corea will be playing electric instruments.