Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Miles Davis Transcriptions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Vorago, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I am looking for specific transcriptions of Miles Davis' first album (?) Birth of the Cool.

Why you ask?

My brother is making a paper on Miles Davis, and for that he needs transcriptions of Miles Davis. More specificly;

*Deception
    *Budo
    *Move

(All Birth of the Cool)

Of course, if you can direct me towards other Miles Davis transcriptions, you are most welcome :)

2. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    I gotta ask: what parts is your brother looking for? Lead sheets? Specific instruments? Bass?!?!

Gil Evans did those arrangements and I don't know of a commercial source. I do know that they were some ballbusting charts, then or now.

3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Or are you looking for transcribed Miles' solos?

4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Lead melodies mainly, with chords if possible, solos would be cool too, but not as essential.

5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    MOVE was composed by Denzil Best and is available in any number of fake books. DECEPTION is the only one I don't recall seeing a chart on...

6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Ok thanks, I already advised him to transcribe the lead himself, maybe with the help of a teacher.