1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Miles Davis Walkin' - lost at the intro

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by project_c, Jul 9, 2014.

1. project_c

project_c

May 8, 2008
    London, UK
    Need some of your advice again guys, this time with the intro to Walkin' by Miles Davis. I'm having trouble figuring out the time, I can't make any sense of the beginning of this tune at all, I can't even find the first beat.

Once the solos get going, no problem - it's a straightforward blues tune, and it's great, but I have no idea how to approach the beginning section, I can't figure out what's going on at all. Anyone have any knowledge or experience with this tune?

2. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Tallahassee
    Here is a photo of the music. It's tricky. The first note is on 4 the hits are on 2 and 4

Attached Files:

project_c likes this.
  3. project_c

project_c

May 8, 2008
    London, UK
    Thank you for that! Much appreciated. The hint about the hits on the 2 and 4 is especially useful, I have spend a bit of time to getting my ears used to what's happening there.