1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Military Reaction test

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AuG, Mar 2, 2006.

1. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Found this on the hockey forum I post at, it's pretty cool. http://members.iinet.net.au/~pontipak/redsquare.html

Apparently the US air force has their pilots train with it, they are supposed to go for 2 minutes or something like that. The site says 18 seconds is awesome, my personal best so far in about ten trys is 26 seconds, post your best times. :)

AuG

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    3 try, 23 seconds. there is a pattern.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    My best is roughly 20 seconds. :meh: Good thing I'm not defending our country! :D

4. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I noticed that too. :meh:

5. Yeah, recognizing the pattern helps. By try number 6 I was up over a minute.

Not bad, though.

:EDIT: Try #8 was 178 seconds. Then I got bored and stopped.

Rock on
    Eric

6. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Seems to be a rather poorly written program. The whole game keeps on freezing up for about a tenth of a second every now and then and my box moves. I managed about 24 seconds, but got frustrated at the lack of continuity in the box' movements. I wonder what that really tests, anyways. If it's reflexes.. well... I don't see why a game of UT2004 on a 2 player map with 10 bots wont do the trick : )

7. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I was expecting a ghost to come and give me a heart attack or something.

8. Playing with a screwy touchpad makes getting more than 20 seconds physically impossible. So it goes.

9. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Bah, best i could do was 18.282 but kept getting caught around the 11 second mark...

I'm blaming it on the fact that it's 4am...

:bag:

Oh yeah, and I'm sure killing a lot of people on half life 2 deathmatch is a much better test of skill... Well, I'd like to think so...

10. Me too, so I stopped. I hate those things.

11. Thursday

Thursday

Nov 24, 2005
    Bronx, New York
    Try Counter Stirke with a bunch of people saying 'I can jump all day.' And have a titty acttack when thay die.

12. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    I don't know what a titty attack is. Is it a secret move?

13. Hmmm, I musta had a wrong calling somewhere in my life and should have been doing something involving reaction time.
    3 min 12 seconds on my second try.:cool:

14. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Yeah, you get the pattern down quick.

On the other hand, I only got like 16 seconds. Someone should make a random flash one...:p

15. Maybe something that trys to track you instead of just moving in a pattern....nah, the programming would be too hard.

Rock on
    Eric

16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    So are the blue blocks terrorists or democrats?

It starts to get kinda fast at around 50 seconds, my highest was 64 after 3 tries.

17. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Terrorists. Democrats aren't that organized. ;)