1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Milkman 700W Bass Half and Half (trade Ps, Rays, or Js)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by cubanbass, Dec 5, 2018.

1. cubanbass

cubanbass Gold Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    Price:
    Selling this bad boy, it has barely seen any use (gigged once, used in studio once) and lives at home. price drop $900 plus shipping CONUS only- will ship in original box. Might consider trading for the right Music Man Stingray or 70s pickup style Fender jazz, or P bass.

from the manufacturer:

The 700W Half and Half is where the old technology meets the new technology. The preamp is similar to the other all tube Milkman amplifiers: it is hand wired with high plate voltage. The discrete tube preamp section feeds into a Class D power module which scales up to 700 watts. Its the most transparent and exciting sounding hybrid amplifier on the market.

Unlike other hybrid amplifiers, the tube portion of the Half and Half is designed and built like a vintage tube amplfier. Its not shoehorned into a circuitboard and running at low voltage. Tube amps need to be built a certain way to sound their best, be serviceable, and last into the ages. The Half and Half was designed with all of this in mind.

A DI with XLR output with level control has been added to the rear panel. This allows you to use the amplifier as a standalone tube preamp with EQ. It is safe to run the Half and Half with no speaker attached, or you can use the DI with a speaker attached for a balanced XLR line out.

Like all Milkman amplifiers, the Half and Half is built using the finest possible components. This model is available with 2 finish options: Vanilla, and Classic Black

WATTAGE
    700W Class D

EFFECTS
    Tube EQ

DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
    16-1/2" W x 8" H x 7-1/2" D 12lbs

27337260_10155284137305382_732184261988033190_n.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  2. Spaceman Ian

Spaceman Ian MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore, Md
    MBasses
    I would be all over this if I had the funds!

GLWTS

steelbed45 and cubanbass like this.
  3. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    Never seen this before. Very cool!

GLWTS

lax4bags likes this.
  4. esoxhntr

esoxhntr Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Markham, Ontario
    Dang... That is cool looking!

jerry likes this.
  5. cubanbass

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    Thanks!

6. Michael Hunter

Michael Hunter Supporting Member

May 27, 2008
    Traverse City, MI
    Out of curiosity, is that 700 watts at an 8 ohm load? The Milkman doesn’t detail the actual power specs.

7. cubanbass

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    its 700 watts at 4 ohms

8. cubanbass

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    Bump, holiday price drop!

9. I played slab and upright through a buddy's, it it bonkers. BUY THIS

10. RSB

RSB Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Looks good. I PM'd you on this....

11. treyandres

treyandres

Jul 6, 2018
    Got some info from the builder today. This is an ICE 700 module and it is bolted directly to the aluminum chassis as a heat sink, so it is 2.67 ohm capable for 1000w of power. This thing sounds AWESOME. The 2 demos I heard sounded great! Dig this hand wiring:
    9FF9B560-D6E9-406B-82C0-3B15188F3AB7.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  12. 2GodBGlory

2GodBGlory Supporting Member

May 20, 2017
    Nice work!
    Love a clean wire outlay.

treyandres likes this.
  13. jhuss88

jhuss88

Oct 17, 2012
    St. Louis, MO
    So there's one volume knob on the front....and the di vol on back....so is there a way to only control the master power amp volume does the vol knob on front control both gain and poweramp vol? Thanks!

14. cubanbass

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ

There is only one volume knob, there is not a gain feature. It provides a huge, warm, vintage voiced sound, I do not think the builders intention was to provide an low gain/overdriven tone.