Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Millenium Plus bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ryan L., Mar 21, 2001.

1. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I never thought that I would be writing this, but I am not happy with my new Millenium Plus 4 that I bought a couple of weeks ago. IMHO, it is not even half the bass that my Cirrus 5 is.

I am not happy with the tone I get out of it, I am not happy with how it feels in my hands. (yeah, I know, I know, you are all thinking "why the Hell did you buy it then?") Hey, we all make mistakes. I thought that I liked it a lot more sitting in the tryout room in the store than I did once I got it home and actually used it playing with the band.

Also, the harlequin violet/gold paint looks like crap compared to the natural wood of my Cirrus.
    So, I am now going to take it back and exchange it for something different. They have a Cirrus 4 there that I have had my eye on. Also, they have a Warwick Corvette FNA (the one Warwick I have played that felt Ok to me).

So, now it is going to be between another Cirrus (but in 4 string this time), or a Warwick Corvette FNA. Decisions, Decisions...........................................................................................

2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    hmm... Never tried a Peavey bass... I've been playing danelectro's... but been looking for something with more lows... (see my topic)

I'd say the Peavey cirrus... The cirrus looks really good... Although you already have one in 5 string...

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I should be a little more clear here, I think.

I am not at all saying that the Millenium Plus is a bad bass. In fact, it is REALLY a nice one (Hipshot Dtuner, stringthrubody bridge, etc. etc.) Has some Kickass features.

What I am saying is this:
    You know the feeling I am talking about. It is the one where you are holding this really nice bass, and you want to like it, even convince yourself of it. But in the end, there is something about it you just don't like personally. Sometimes you can't even put a finger on what it is that you don't like, but there is definitely something there that just don't jive with you. That is how I am feeling about the Millenium Plus.

4. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    yeah... That's what I'm going through with my Danelectro Hodad kinda... I love the tone... But I feel there's something better for what I'm looking for.
    Or maybe it's just me wanting another bass... even though I already own 3...

I mean, I get some killer sounds out of my Hodad. And it's helped me create some crazy bass lines.

The only thing is... It just doesn't seem like something I'll be able to play as my only bass for the rest of my life... Everyone has their one bass that they love, yah know? Well I love my hodad... But I feel like there's something else with a better tone to it...