Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Millennia Origin STT1 Recording System

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mario Lewis, May 14, 2002.

1. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    This may seem like a pie in the sky dream, but does anyone know anything about this beauty?

Millennia Origin STT-1 "All In 1" Recording System

I put it in the same category as the Avalon 737, but I'm not sure.

What is it?

Could it be used live for Bass? I've seen it mentioned (if not lusted after ) a few times around here.

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    wow. how much?

3. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    I saw prices as low as $2500 and as much as $2850. THere is one on Harmony central right now for $2600. Not new, but But I guess something like this keeps its value pretty well.

Still no word on how it'd work though. Like I said earlier, I think its in the same class as an Avalon 737, but for some reason, for all of the reservations I've had about the Avalon's $1700.00+ price tag, I'd gladly pay it before I'd plot down 2 (almost 3) G's for this puppie.

I'd HAVE to try it out first.

4. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Try posting on the message board at www.tapeop.com for info on this or other esoteric studio devices. "Tape Op" is by far the best recording magazine I've ever seen-it has a lot of great advice on how to record creatively, whether you're using a 4-track, 2" analog, or a tricked-out Pro Tools setup, with none of the snobbiness you'll find in "Mix" or "EQ".

Recent issues have featured an article on how to build your own plate reverb (!); in-depth interviews with great producer/engineers like Eddie Kramer, Tchad Blake, and Mario Caldato; and countless hands-on gear reviews and recipes for enhancing the recording process.

5. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
    Bill "The Buddha" Dickens was here testing our cabinets for 3 days. (April 15 through the 17) We had the pleasure of using the Millennia Origin STT-1 during that time & they are absolutely incredible for bass or any other applications. It takes the Avalon 737 sound (Which is most excellent) to a higher level of clarity & flexibility.

While not for most mortals (due to price), they are worth every penny if ya gots da dough. (Unfortunately I don't)

Whappo
    www.accugroove