Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Million Dollar Idea??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by stedtale, Mar 15, 2006.

1. I've always wanted a collapsible 2-wheeled hand cart that converts into and amp stand and bass stand. My father-in-law is an engineer and machinist, I know he could make me one. Has anyone ever seen such a product?

2. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    My guitar player is 1/2 way there.. and he is a sales professional by trade.

He keeps his amp inside a gigbox with wheels on it. Works for him.

If you go ahead and make such a beast, you MUST provide us pictures. Otherwise, this thread isn't fair.

DCat

:bag:

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Guide to Making a Million Dollars:

Step 1: Think of an idea that will make you a million dollars.

Step 2: Don't post your idea on a widely read message board before you make your million dollars.

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Don't post your idea on a widely read message board before you make your million dollars.[/QUOTE]

First take SuperDucks advise

then go here and do a patent search on your million dollar idea(to see if it already exist).but if you don't find it here it dosen't mean that there isn't already a patent or a patent pending for it.

http://www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html

5. Oh, I know someone could steal it...but hey more power to 'em. :)

I just want my Amp/Guitar-Stand-Dolly.

6. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

Thats what you say now

7. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Yep. Hindsight is 20/20!

Dcat,

8. I've seen collapsible 2-wheeled hand carts (in fact, I own one and it's very useful!) but not with the amp stand/bass stand capability. Could be pretty useful though!

9. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Step one: add PA speaker stand socket and a couple of wheels into the bottom of a combo amp.

Step two: Figure out way to attach the collapsed PA speaker stand to the back of the combo, attach a pull handle to the stand's mainbar.

Step three: attach a pair of foldable guitar hanger forks to the side of the combo amp.

Done!

10. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    If you include legs so that this thing can walk itself up and down stairs, I'll buy one!

11. Will I be able to convert it from a cart to a stand without losing a limb or digit?

For some reason I see Chris Farley trying to unfold this thing and destroying the stage in the process. First he knocks over the drum set, then hits the singer right in the nads who falls over in the fetal position. Then he completely knocks out the guitarist who falls on the drummer knocking him off the stage. Chris gets all set up and everyone else in down for the count. Instruments are all over the place except for Chris's bass amp perched on top of his
    "StedTale 2000" Cart\Stand.

I say get a pattern, just make sure you're insured for liability before you actually make one. :D