Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Milwaukee Principal

Discussion in 'Orchestral Auditions [DB]' started by InwoodFerri, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InwoodFerri

InwoodFerri

Mar 12, 2006
    According to the Milwaukee website, Zach Cohen was the winner of the Principal Bass position last month. Congratulations Zach!:hyper:

2. KDC

KDC

Oct 30, 2005
    I don't know about the website but Kristen Bruya has a trial for principal in the next few weeks. So maybe this is a little premature?

3. G-force

G-force

Jul 1, 2004
    oslo Norway
    Hey but what about Andy raciti, the other guy who "won"???

4. If he didn't win, then why is his biography on their website?

5. KDC

KDC

Oct 30, 2005
    Andy "won" the audition, Kristen was named "runner-up" so why would Zach suddenly be principal?? and the "winner"?? this is weird...... but what's new!!!??

6. Luvinbass

Luvinbass Banned

Feb 15, 2006
    KDC, I dont think Andy "won" the audition.

7. InwoodFerri

InwoodFerri

Mar 12, 2006
    I know Zach was automatically in the finals, but all I know is what the website says in his bio which is "In February of 2006, Zachary won the position of Principal Bass. " That sounds pretty final to me.

8. Masterbass

Masterbass

Feb 25, 2006
    I know a guy who knows a guy in the section that said that Andy Raciti won the audition but was a jerk about it and it somehow got back to someone in the section that he thought the whole orchestra, especially the bass section, was terrible. So after that they decided to just give Zach the principal spot. It's alright though, Andy already has a job.

9. Well, that sounds credible.

If it weren't for gossip, I don't think this forum would be worth two spits in a bucket.

10. G-force

G-force

Jul 1, 2004
    oslo Norway
    These are very strong things to say....I have e friend in Sydney SO where Andy works so he will be seeing this. I hope your sources are ready....

11. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Agreed.

I know a guy who knows a guy who thinks that anonymous "screen name" posters who post things like the first quote are basically trolls looking to stir the pot. Please prove "him" wrong.

12. G-force

G-force

Jul 1, 2004
    oslo Norway
    I didn't mean to add to the ridiculousness of it all. I have been trying to attempt to contact my friend steve Larson who is in the section in Sydney to see if he can shed some light on this. I believe Mr raciti is still in the USA.
    My point trying to be that the gossip spreading in this thread has been way too much to be taken seriously.

I still think the things said about Raciti were way out of line regardless of the truth. It should be kept quiet. Lord know I love gossip but this is not the place for it. At least in this manner.
    I see way too many people here who seem to think that because someone neglected to say " do you swear on your mothers grave , stick a needle in your eye... don't tell anyone"
    that it gives cate blanche to spread this online without their approval.
    It really shows non professional habits at an early stage.

Come on ! Prove me wrong

13. Hey everyone,

this is what their website says now:
    Basses
    Zachary Cohen, Principal Bass, (Donald B. Abert Bass Chair)
    Rip Prétat, Acting Assistant Principal Bass
    Laura Snyder
    Maurice Wininsky
    Catherine McGinn
    Scott Kreger
    Roger Ruggeri

Why not wait for their announcement before further dissecting and mutilating a bunch of conjecture?

14. bierbass

bierbass

Sep 5, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    +1
    All this speculation really doesn't serve any purpose. I really have to question why highschool kids even concern themselves with this gossip and as for the anonymous donors to this thread and a few others, why don't you grow a pair.

15. bassiebass

bassiebass

Mar 16, 2006
    G-force; kpo; and bierbass are all totally right - everyone needs to realize that EVERYONE reads this site and when you post things that are speculative and gossipy that can damage another players reputation that is incredibly irresponsible!!!
    In Milwaukee Kristin Bruya is on trial for the assistant spot and maybe they will trial andy for that spot too (so spreading such defamatory rumors is very dangerous as he may still be being considered!!! - luckily I'm sure the bass section in Milwuakee is probably way to sensible to take anything written here as gopsel, but still!!).
    and as kpo said we just need to wait - we'll all know when we know!!

16. I still don't understand why one guy's biography would be on the official website if he didn't actually win the audition.

17. andrewraciti

andrewraciti

Mar 18, 2006
    This is the first and only time I will post on this website. I see my name has featured prominently here in the last few days. My comments are intended for all, but in particular to "MasterBass", who at age 17 may not understand the impact that spreading false rumors can cause.
    One of the great characteristics of many bassists, and one that as a group seperates us from many other instrumentalists, is is the trait of being supportive of others who have chosen the same vocation. There is no need to anonymously trash the names of people you have never met. By writing these things about me, you are altering others' perceptions of me with very little information at your disposal. Suffice it to say that if you met me you would realize that I am actually a nice guy. The notion that I would "act like a jerk" and trash an orchestra and it's bassists is simply laughable. Even without knowing me as a person, this concept fails the simple test of logic.
    In my opinion, I think it would be kind to remember that these are real people that you are blogging about, not just names in the grapevine.
    Andrew Raciti

18. Thanks for saying that.

I've been pretty unimpressed with this forum's lack of restraint when passing around unnecessary gossip. This isn't the first time where something untrue was said about a professional on here and it got back to them. Far more people read this forum than contribute. There ought to be some guidelines on how gossip is dealt with on here.

19. Masterbass

Masterbass

Feb 25, 2006
    I think it is very interesting that all I am doing it telling people what I heard and they take it as gospel. Everyone else gets on here and says what they have heard about auditions, so I just do the same. Whether it's true or not, who knows, but I just wanted to let everyone else know what I had heard. So, I wasn't make a personal attack on Mr. Raciti, simply saying what I had heard.

20. No. Everyone else on here is curious about who's winning auditions and what the facts are. You, on the other hand, are spreading anonymous rumors about people that are hurtful and untrue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.