1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MIM bass tuner problems

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LCW, Apr 5, 2009.

1. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    i usually stay in standard tuning but change to drop c , anyways me tuner bushing will pop out a little sometimes and leave a gap of about .73 mm i tested by fitting a dunlop pick in there

will this make my bass go outta tune?

should i replace the tuners? if so what? hipshot , grovers , gotoh wilkinson?

2. southernrocker

southernrocker Banned

Apr 4, 2009
    It shouldn't do that. If I were you I'd get some Gotohs. 40 bucks for the most solid tuners I've ever had. Good Luck!

3. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    thank you! i was looking at those yeah i knew they should probably not be doing this i am switching them with some MIJ bass tuners i have laying around to see if that fixs it if not new tuners

4. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    I put Wilkos on mine... couldn't afford vintage style Gotohs... they're okay... nice and solid...

[​IMG]

5. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    hmm those look really nice may go that route as i am a broke college kid haha i just need my bass solid its my main axe and i never want to have to use my back up bass at a gig its a big hunk of poo

6. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    Yes... you can't go wrong for the price, although I'll fit some vintage style ones when I've got the mons. A tip... use the old mounting screws, the Wilko ones are a bit short and thin!