1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIM Deluxe Active 4 string Jazz with upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TripleDouble, Oct 4, 2010.

1. TripleDouble

TripleDouble Guest

Aug 5, 2008
    Hi, I'll post pictures later, I'm selling a 90's MIM Deluxe Active jazz bass that has had some cool stuff done to it.

-Black body with rosewood board. Bass plays really well, great finish on the fretwork, action can get very low. A comfortable weight, though I don't own a scale, lets say 8-9lbs?

-Has black pickguard, Cream covered Dimarzio Model J's and some kind of mystery higher mass bridge that's pretty cool and intonates and adjusts well. I'll include a Fender bridge I have too, take your pick.

-The active electronics sound awesome, they really don't sound synthetic like some active basses, and I noticed once that when the battery died, the bass just essentially turned passive with no eq. Saved my butt...

-Note: this is not a museum piece, as I'll try to capture in the photos, it has a few scratches, a tiny bit of belt rash, the pickguard seems kind of cheap and doesn't fit exactly right and has the cutout for a truss adjustment though that is at the headstock, and someone scratched the "Made in Mexico" off the headstock. There are two very tiny holes around the "Deluxe series" decal but they do not go through. Also, the pickup blend knob is wired backwards - roll it to the left, it solos the bridge pickup. I'm guessing that's an easy fix, but I don't solder. Oh, and once, the input jack made some noise, but only with a specific cable so who knows. Again an easy fix should it happen again. This is me just trying to provide "full disclosure" here or whatever, this bass looks and plays really well, I've used it on dozens of gigs with a band that tunes down, including last week. I've been satisfied and got compliments on it.

$340 shipped to the lower 48 only via UPS ground, No trades accepted, feel free to ask me questions. pictures added later tonight.

2. TripleDouble

TripleDouble Guest

Aug 5, 2008
    Bass will come packed in a gig bag with a broken zippper, and very well packed, Shipped UPS.

Attached Files:

3. TripleDouble

TripleDouble Guest

Aug 5, 2008
    ...you can sort of see the cloudiness on the back...and the minor headstock stuff.

Attached Files:

4. herndonbassist

herndonbassist Low Down Thumper

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    Any interest in trades? That thing's awesome!

5. TripleDouble

TripleDouble Guest

Aug 5, 2008
    I'm afraid I'm not into trades right now, just bought something crazy and need to get cash/not end up on 'Hoarders". Thanks for the kind words, this bass really rocks.

6. TripleDouble

TripleDouble Guest

Aug 5, 2008
    Small price drop to $340 shipped.

7. TripleDouble

TripleDouble Guest

Aug 5, 2008
    Bump. Hope i didn't scare people with the full disclosure stuff, this is a great looking and playing bass. $340 for a MIM fender, with a great quality preamp and super cool pickups , that turns out looks a lot like the bass JMJ played in NIN? Maybe some more glamorous photos are in order here...

8. TripleDouble

TripleDouble Guest

Aug 5, 2008
    One more bump. Though I had said "no trades", I might consider some kind of Telecaster (6 stringer), but that's about it.

9. TripleDouble

TripleDouble Guest

Aug 5, 2008
    one more bump, open to trades I suppose...

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021