1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIM Fender J - Best HSC?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Superconductor, Jul 31, 2007.

1. At the moment, I'm moving my MIM Jazz between two different houses once a week. Right now I have a Fender gigbag, but to cut down on changes to the bass (weather, travel), a good HSC would benefit.

I'm also pretty sure that putting a bass in a HSC at night/when not playing is much better than putting it on a guitar stand (what I'm doing now) to cut down on weirdness to the neck, etc.

So this is basically for keeping my bass as "normal" as possible.

I looked at the vintage ones w/plush interior, but they are just a bit pricey. Are they worth the extra bit of money? It's not completely out of the question.

I was also looking at the molded Fender Jazz HSC, which are a bit cheaper. Anyone with experience with one of these?

Thanks

2. I'd go with an SKB-44. I had one of those molded Fender ones and I thought it was a pain in the arse, not very much space for other things. SKB-44's are an industry standard and I use one with my MIM and it sure does the trick!

3. Alright thanks. I'm guessing a Geddy J would fit well in one too?