1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIM Fender Jazz V?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vinxbass, Sep 7, 2008.

1. OK, I'm probably gonna hear from some TBer's here because I've been down on Jazz Basses that are not made in USA.

But anyway, I've got these Bartolini 57J1 pups that I had in my '08' MIA Jazz V are not selling on E-Bay or Craigslist, I'm getting tired of relisting them because it costs me money to do so.

So - I'm thinking of buying a MIM Fender Jazz and installing the Barts in the MIM, because I also like the sound of the Barts. What do you guys think of that idea? Your take on the quality of the MIM Jazz? I've never played a MIM.;)

2. Hey.

I have a MIM Jazz V. it is an '01 and I love it. It honestly took about 2 years to break it in and have it feel exactly what I want in my hands. I have played several others from that year and to the current and they are all different. It doesn't seem like the quality standards are not as strict as the MIA's. Take your time and play several. You will find one that feels good to you and if they all feel good, then go to ebay and you can get one for a couple hundred bucks. It is way worth the money compared to the MIA, especially if you are putting different pickups in it. I added a series/parallel switch in mine(got the schematic off here) and it is now even more versatile.

Hope this helps

Good searching.

Adam