1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MIM Fender Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thetaxmiser, Apr 19, 2009.

1. thetaxmiser

thetaxmiser Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    SOLD

Sage green. Unmodified. $385 including shipping in the CONUS.

I bought this bass new in June, 2002. It was for my kids to learn the bass. Turns out neither one is the least bit interested. I have a number of other basses that get played before this one. It is in like new condition. It has less than 8 hours playing time on it. It has hung on a rack in office, not being played, since it was purchased. Time to sell.

http://s629.photobucket.com/albums/uu18/rhumbob/MIM Fender Jazz/

2. thetaxmiser

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    Forgot to mention I will ship in a fender tweed hardshell case. This case is in rough shape and needs latches etc. but perhaps it can be rehabilitated. No case was included when the bass was bought new.

UPDATE: I have a Fender gig bag. The zipper is not the best...it catches a bit but the bag works.

Your choice: A hardshell with latch problems or a gig bag with some zipper issues

3. hey - I'm interested depending on what price you can do for shipping it to east coast Australia, NSW 2291

Can you get me a $$ shipping quote via USPS Priority Mail International. There's a USPS calculator here

http://ircalc.usps.gov/default.aspx?Mode=Intl_Single&CID=10013

needs a weight inserted but might also be good to confirm that at a post office

thanks - peter

4. thetaxmiser

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    I've added some pictures of the case to the link above. The case itself looks fine. Its a bit skuffed here and there. The hinges seem to be fine. The latches are toast and would likely need to be replaced.

I may have a spare gigbag hereabouts and could include that in place of this case if you prefer. It is not the gigbag that comes from Fender. I will try to locate the gigbag and get a picture up tomorrow.

5. I've PM'ed you :bassist:

would prefer a soft gigbag as it'll be much cheaper to ship to Aust.
    Can always pick up a decent used hardcase here

6. hey - you've been silent for several days.
    is there anything hapenning your end.
    Have you sold this bass ??
    I'm waiting for a guitar price & shipping quote from you in a soft gigbag if possible :D

7. Hey mate, just a heads up. You can't ship a full length bass to Australia without detaching the neck and shipping in a smaller box, due the height restrictions brought in last year.

8. Can you provide further details please. Which shipping company. Which end has brought that in - the US or Aussie. I'd like to check on it cause I've imported 3 electric guitars from the US the past 2 years. Had no prob's and paid no more than $US120. Last one was last September.

Edit - I just checked the USPS website here

http://www.usps.com/international/prioritymailinternational.htm
    and here
    http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/immpg.htm

the only restiction with Priority Mail International is a 66 pound weight limit. That's also the cheapest way to ship a parcel from US.

9. Don't know exact details, but pretty sure it did come from our end (Aus Post). Electric Guitars are fine (shorter scale), but basses are over the limit. You can still ship via UPS or Fedex, but if you wanna go cheap with USPS, you'll have to unbolt the neck to get it in a smaller box.

This might help; http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/immc2_017.htm#ep1893299 (The maximum length for any country not listed in the exceptions (Australia is one of them) is 42", or length and girth combined 79". It used to be 108" which you could just scrape a full scale bass under)

10. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    Rule cma inot effect early last year. Bass guitars are too long so you need to remove the neck and post in a smaller box, it is cheaper that way as well. Regular guitars, even in hard cases fit within the length so they are generally fine. Good to see another Novacastrian too.

11. thetaxmiser

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    Sorry for the slow response. I have a couple of local buyers who are interested and that would be MUCH easier. Is there some consensus on if this can be shipped to Australia?

I have pm'd you waxhead.

At this point all pm's have been answered.

12. thetaxmiser

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    Currently on hold

13. FYI Int. shipping to Australia is definitely not possible w/o removing the neck. Not difficult though. I've done it a few times.

14. thetaxmiser

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    Looks like this is available again. See above as I have a fender gig bag available as an alternative to the hardshell case.

15. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    this color is an awesome discontinued fender color i have wanted one but i just got a jazz so i got pass:(

good deal tho

16. heinpete

heinpete

Apr 9, 2008
    Hesse, Germany
    What is the weight of the bass?

17. thetaxmiser

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    Not a boat anchor. It is average weight, i would guess somewhere between 8 - 9 pounds. I will try to check tonight.

18. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    ANy interest in the sale thread of mine? Its in my sig.

19. thetaxmiser

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    Nice Peavey but not interested.

20. thetaxmiser

Feb 23, 2002
    Sonoma County, CA, USA
    Bathroom scale method says 9.2 lbs.