1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIM Fender P-bass neck into a Squier P-bass neck pocket?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kwesi, Sep 10, 2008.

1. I have this squier p-bass: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?doc_id=98636&sku=510569

Does anyone know if an MIM Fender P-bass neck would be a drop in replacement for the neck that comes standard on this Squier? I haven't played it in months so i decided to make it fretless as opposed to either selling it off or letting it gather dust and i've found a MIM fretless neck for a good price. thanks.

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I think that it would fit fine. Of course, I've never actually tried it myself......:D

3. flydog21

flydog21

Sep 11, 2006
    Oregon
    Just finished assembling an ultra cute parts-bass. Used the body from a Squier Vintage Modified fretless sunburst, and stuck on a Highway One Jazz neck, tort guard, DiMarzio 123's, etc. Both the USA neck and a MIM jazz neck fit loosly in the neck pocket. With the new guard, the gap is not easily noticeable. Both necks matched the existing screw holes with no adjustment needed. Have fun!