MIM Fender Urge I, some info ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheButler, Dec 29, 2007.

1. hey folks,

Anybody got some info on the old MIM Fender Urge I. I have done a search, it pretty much just brings up ancient threads and doesn't really answer any questions. Some guy is interested in trading one for my TBC.

So, if anyone has had experience with these what are they like ?

Appreciated

Jamie

2. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Technically, it's called the Stu Hamm Urge Standard Bass. The MIA is the Urge 1.

Anyway, the MIM Urge is similar to the MIA Urge, but with a poplar body (not alder), rosewood fretboard (not Pau Ferro), a matching painted headstock, deluxe lightweight tuning machines, 2 J pickups (not the J/P/J style of the Urge 1), volume/tone controls (not volume/pan, treble/bass stacked controls of the Urge 1) and a pickup selector mini-switch (the Urge 1 has three mini-switches).

The MIA Urge 1 was sold from 1993-1999 and cost $1,599 new. The Urge Standard was sold from 1994-1999 and cost $599 new.

3. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I had an MIM one. It was a cool bass for the price range. After awhile, I got tired of the sound difference between an 34" and 32" scale E and A, otherwise I would have kept it. Would also make a superb piccolo bass.

4. Piccolo bass ... hmmm :D

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021