Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MIM fender value

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rygelxvi, Feb 17, 2003.

1. rygelxvi

rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    Anybody trade in a MIM fender recently to a GC or local shp? what did they give you for it?

2. Don't trade it, sell it! You always get screwed when you trade instruments at music stores. They'll sell it for what you could have sold it for, but they'll only give you about half of what they expect to sell it for.

3. rygelxvi

rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    I'd love to but I have no way of getting pics on the net and I have no way of getting an ebay account (no credit card) It' been in want ads for 2 months now but no one will buy without a pic, can't blame them.

4. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    most places that will trade will buy too

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    He is so right! I talked with a local dealer, and here is standard practice for buying instruments-
    Take the new price it would normally sell for in that store, then knock off 40% fo the price cause it's used, then knock off 50% of it cause they need to make a profit. They offered me $75 for a $270 bass that was 5 months old. I kept it and defretted it, lol.

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Huh?:confused:

Well, if you try to sell it to a mucis store, You'll probably get between $100-175 & I feel that $175 is kinda high.

7. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Sell it privately. You will be losing alot of money if you sell it to a dealer. It would be worth your while to persist and sell it on your own.

8. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Sell it on Talkbass!

Watchya got?