1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIM Fenders VS. Squier Vintage Modifieds

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ESPplayer, Sep 1, 2008.

1. ESPplayer

ESPplayer

Nov 17, 2006
    If you have played both which one did u prefer(or if if you have played a lot of them,which line do you prefer)I have yet to play a MIM Fender that i enjoyed.The fretboards have always been really slow and ....um...just ehh.The Higher Squiers win IMO

2. If you prefer the VM series over the MIM, why are you posting? Just wondering...:confused:

3. Get the Fender. You get what you pay for.

4. ESPplayer

ESPplayer

Nov 17, 2006

What do you mean why im posting?

5. rcadble

rcadble

May 12, 2008
    I went to guitar center today and got a Fender MIM Jazz Deluxe, and I love it already. I tried a few Squiers at the store and they were all clunky, with crappy necks and a sub-par feel to them. Who knows though, those could have been defective.

6. therex

therex

Jun 24, 2007
    lima
    he just wants to share his opinion
    i think
    well i have played many basses in the same price range and VM squier are just too awesome for less tha 500$

7. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    While I personaly think the VM Squiers are pretty nice for their price, I personaly prefer the MIM Standard Fenders for their alder bodies, and slightly better build quality IMO.

8. Well, you answered your own question in your original post.

9. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    +1 Im a MIM nut my fav bass. I owned a great jazz that i gigged for a couple of years completly stock. I now own P basses since my music styles have changed and i like P's overall more..go figure. I picked up a VM jazz for 1/2 price new/ used at GC to have a jazz again and thou i like it my old MIM jazz killed it. I have a 80's squier P/J that i think sounds as good as my VM jazz. The VM jazz is nice but very heavy. I did see a great U2 tribute band and their bassist was playing a stock VM jazz and it sounded great.

Now the VM P bass i dont like at all. To me it sounds to hi -fi and not P bass at all IMO. A good MIM P blows it away. I added the 62 reissue pups to my MIM and ...Whoa! Real nice.

10. tharv

tharv

Feb 5, 2008
    Akron, Ohio
    I own one of each & prefer the VM Jazz to the MIM. I simply don't like the way the MIM plays, even though it sounds awesome (EMG's w/ active EQ). I just threw some NJ4's, a BadAss II bridge, and some nickel Low Riders on the VM, and now it sounds every bit as good..... Plus the look is killer! All black hardware on the natural body & maple board looks awesome!!! :-D

11. I have owned both at one point or other. I'm a VM person myself. They in my hands and ears play, feel and sound better. They seem to have a character, maybe I'm thinking too deep about what they mean to me rather than what they are on paper but hey, that's what makes me human. I'm in the process of popping a east J-retro and dimazios in to the VM as well!!