1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIM Jazz Bass Rewiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MagicMan_841, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Hi,

I'm looking into rewiring my MIM Jazz and here's a diagram I drew from various bits and pieces on the internet.

The idea is having a series/neck/parallel switch and use only a lone volume pot and the usual tone pot. I don't really need the two volume pots because I always play with them on full on.

What do you guys think ?

Attached Files:

2. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    Its a pretty good idea,

but are you absloutly sure that you wont ever decided to have a blend of some sort? i mean it does make a lot of differance.

3. this bass will be used for punk rock and rock and it's not my "main" bass (a MM Sterling)... but I guess I'll just try it and see if I like it.

--

Any electronic junkie here can tell me if the switch is wired ok ?? I can't really understand if, in the middle position, which of the two pickup will be on and the other off...