1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MIM Jazz Bass - sunburst, fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MusicMan27, Oct 8, 2013.

1. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    Factory Fretless, has fretlines. No pickguard included- you'll have to add one of your choice. Dots on the side of the neck, but not on the fingerboard. This is a very clean bass with nearly perfect finish- i have trouble finding anything wrong with it. No real wear into the neck, but the neck has some fine lines from bending with flatwound strings. Hard to show in the photos- pretty minor. Stock electronics - Sounds great, plays great. Strung with flats.

$350 shipped obo

image.

2. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
  3. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    Fretless bump!

4. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    $325 shipped price drop!!

5. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
  6. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    Bump!

7. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    Bump!

8. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    $300 shipped!

9. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    I'll throw in a white pearloid pickguard!

10. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    Bump!

Pickguard sold in the other thread so that does not come with it anymore. I'm ready to finish off another project with these funds so make me an offer!

11. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    $290 shipped! At this point maybe I should part it out

12. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    More info:

From the serial number and the fender site, it looks to be a 1998/1999

Scrutinizing the bass as much as i can:

I see some slight discoloration to the clear finish on the front of the headstock around the g-string tuner. You have to look at it in the right light to see it and you can barely feel it. Small area and Very minor

The output jack is a tiny bit scratchy but not much. I wouldnt have a problem playing it the way it is but it might be worth cleaning.

The pickup screws are slightly oxidized and the top neck pickup phillips screw "plus" is slightly rounded- might need a small flathead if you want to adjust

As adjusted, the A-string starts to buzz a little once you get up past the 15th fret. Personally id do some height adjusting to get it perfect if i was going to play it

The finish everywhere else looks gorgeous front and back and it plays nicely. Im just giving full disclosure of everything i can possibly find.

13. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    Some pics of what I tried to describe

Attached Files:

14. MusicMan27

MusicMan27

Jun 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    Weekend bump! Starting Monday I'll be parting this out in the accessories forum unless it sells.