1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MIM Jazz body + USA neck? Fender Fail?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Means2nEnd, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Sorry Fender enthusiasts in advance. I was wondering if you could help me with a question I could not figure out through searches. I am getting a MIM jazz bass (MN8000743) looks like 2008-2009 date.

I just bought a USA Fender neck from a fellow T-Bass member without thinking it through which is par for the course and I was just assuming it would fit. The neck is (Z8155562) looks like 2008. Does anyone know if it will fit without any mods and if it will need modded to what extent could they be and if not at all please let me know before I rip it apart…Thanks..

2. ABravado

ABravado

Jul 7, 2010
    As long as the neck isn't from an American Deluxe (which would have 5 holes in it) it will fit just fine.

3. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

That is awesome news I thought I just pulled another bonehead move...I am a Warwick, Spector guy and now after 30+ years of playing starting to dig the original. I know zero about them though..