1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIM Jazz Deluxe V issues

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mani, Feb 26, 2008.

1. mani

mani

Apr 23, 2006
    Tasmania
    Just reveived a MIM Deluxe V from ebay which I'm planning on modding, but it seems to have a weid issue at the moment in that it sounds like I'm playing with a chorus pedal on, mostly when playing in the upper register. Gets less noticable when pups are panned either way but it's still there. Haven't even got as far as changing batteries yet but this one seems ok. Preamp problem maybe? Not a real concern as I'm planning Audere/Big Splits pretty much straight away but I'd like to get the stock gear working first anyway. What do you think?:eyebrow:

2. riku888

riku888

Nov 1, 2007
    how is the pickup height? You get weird effects going on when the pickups are too close to the strings.
    I got a MIM Jazz Deluxe V off ebay (UK). Put Fender SCN's in and it sounds great. Probably going to change the pre-amp. Not sure yet though.

3. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    The Magnetic field of the pickups will actually pull the strings and cause a chorus effect if the pickups are too close to the strings. Try lowering the puckups turn all the screws half a turn at a time and see what happens when it stops making the chorus noise then it should be all good.then it should be good

4. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    lower the pickups

5. mani

mani

Apr 23, 2006
    Tasmania
    Yup, I did some tweaking in the meantime and discovered the same thing. Amazed at how much lower the pickups seem to need to be compared to my Stingray or Streamer.