1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIM Jazz: Midnight Wine vs. Olympic White

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rada, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Rada

Rada

Oct 5, 2006
    Virginia, USA
    I was dead set on getting myself a Lakland JO for my Christmas present, but life came up and I can't fork over that much cash right now....I had to give my buddy his bass back so now I'm itching to get my own....I'm pretty set on getting an MIM Jazz, but now I just can't decide on the finish

Such the dilemma!! :oops:

pics would help ;)

2. Enden

Enden

May 1, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    White. I'm planning on acquiring one soon. I'm leaning towards white.

3. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I say get the Squier Vintage Modified Jazz. It's like $280, and plays and sounds awesome. But I think it's natural only.

[​IMG]

I have enough Jazzes myself, but I do plan to get one of the Vintage Modified P-Basses

[​IMG]

4. White is timeless and will age better.

5. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    White!

[​IMG]

6. mines inca silver

but Id rather have Midnight Wine
    [​IMG]

7. My MIM is midnight wine. I never have been all that thrilled with the color. I bought it several years ago and it just happened to be the best quality and best sounding MIM the store had at the time.

If I had to choose between these 2 colors I'd probably go with the white. The bad thing is that there are few options in terms of pickguards that will go well with the midnight wine. Options are pretty much endless with the white.

Personally, I'd go with the sunburst or black, but that's just me. :)

MIMJAZZ1.

8. a black abalone Pgaurd would look cool on a Midnight Wine Jazz

9. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I'm a sucker for white with a dark tort guard.

10. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Go for White. The Midnight Wine color is such a Candy Apple Red wannabe that it isn't funny.

11. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Consider the brown sunburst. I have a MIM jazz in that color and with a red torte guard, it looks like a classic!

12. You got that right!

13. Exactly, it's niether fish nor fowl.

14. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I would go for the white, personally! Mind you, I would advise you look into the Squier Vintage modified series-I picked my fretless up today and it is amazing!

15. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    +1

I am in love with that color combo. My next Fender will probably be white.

I am also quite interested in the new Vintage series Squier P bass. I need to check them out and I'll join the ranks of those who are suggesting that you do the same.

16. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    White for sure.

17. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    White is my vote, it looks nice and classy.

18. My Fender MIM Jazz is Chrome Red. I originally ordered it in Midnight Wine but it was back ordered so long that I finally got the Chrome Red. I later saw the Midnight Wine in the store and was SO glad I didn't get it. It's a really blah color. I changed out the pickguard and some hardware on mine and love the way it looks now. If you really like red I would suggest the Chrome Red - otherwise go white - it's a classic color.

Attached Files:

19. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Evansville
    white is so hot and somewhat rare compared to deep "reds'

At least I don't see a lot of white basses around, compared to bursts and reds

Get white

20. Get the one that sounds the best.