1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MIM Jazz pups, dimensions + dealers in sweden?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bos_mindwarp, Aug 2, 2005.

1. I bought a MIM Fretless Jazz yesterday as a cheap intro into world of fretless, but naturally, I want to do some upgrades on it :D

So I've been reading about MIM basses having pups of different size then MIA, so I took a measurement tape and got 91mm on neck, and 95mm on bridge pickup. Does this mean my bass is not affected by "MIM disease" and I can order regular J-pups?

Also, I found a thread with sound comparison between different pickups, and I liked Aero (type 1 I think) best, followed by bartolinis 9J. Now, for the life of me, I cannot find any dealers that sell Aero's in sweden (its all barts or DiMarzio over here), so I wonder if any TB'ers from sweden know where to get those.

Aero (aeroinstrument.com) themselves list two dealers in europe, both have web sites begging for some professional work-over, and one of them is in german (nothing against the language, but it could as well be chinese for all I care).

Speaking of swedish contacts, anybody know of a luthier that does epoxy-treatment for a fretless. I'd really like to swap flats for roundwounds :D