1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MIM Jazz String Saddles

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by osciphex, Jan 5, 2004.

1. osciphex

osciphex

Jun 1, 2001
    I play a mexican fender jazz with a stock bridge. I suddenly realized I know almost nothing about how I should setup the string saddles or what kind of configuration might really work best.

I keep the A and D string saddles relatively high, and the E and G saddles comparatively low. I have no idea where to position the saddles relative to back and fourth, I just kind of leave them wherever.

So how does this look? Are there any standards as far as jazz bass setup goes? I prefer a relatively low action; but its occurred to me I should probably raise the E string at least, as it buzzes just a bit on occasion when playing in the upper registers.

So yeah, how does one setup the string saddles on a jazz bass?

2. It's all based on taste bro. If it feels good and doesn't hurt you physicaly, then no reason to change it. And I don't want to give you the wrong impression, but do you know about intonation?