MIM Jazz vs MIA Jazz?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jaymeister99, Sep 19, 2005.

1. jaymeister99

Aug 2, 2005
    Anybody tried both? Im looking to move up to another Bass soon, probably a Jazz. Money is a factor, so the Mexican is probably how I'll go. But if there is enough difference of quality, playability, etc. then I might wait and get the American made.

I know everybody is going to say "go try em out at the store". Well unfortunately I need to play lefty, and there arent any available at the local stores. I'll have to get em online, and base my decision largely on other opinions.
  2. Frugle

Sep 4, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    Its impossible to find a left handed guitar worth anything in a music store.. and if you do its over priced....

I called Guitar center before ordering my bass online and they said they had one (I think used....) left handed bass, it was a black MIM Jazz for 599..... right... and the other store, only had a dean....

ordering online is basically the only option for left handed people.

If money is a factor and this bass is for the most part just for pleasure and not professional, i would say just buy a MIM... my jazz doesn't sound that different from the other MIA.... (and I guess the only reason why it sounded that much different because the guy was running through a avalon U5 and had a set of active EMGs in it.)