Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MIM Jazz vs. MIM Deluxe Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sheepdog, Mar 29, 2004.

1. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    I want to get a MIM Jazz. I plan on putting a pair of pickups and an OBP1 in it. I think the Deluxe Jazz has a rear access to the controls (as well as the front plate), right? Would I be able to squeeze an OBP1 and battery in a MIM Jazz (standard front route)? Since I plan on upgrading the elec., I wasn't sure if it was worth the extra $150 or so for the deluxe. I don't have that big of a problem with routing under the pickguard for room.

2. The deluxe model are of better build compared to the standard IMO. I think the preamp in the deluxe model is pretty good too. I had a Jazz V deluxe. It had a really good tone for that price... except for a very floppy B string.

3. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    Is the build quality worth the $560 vs. $420? I could get the regular pickups for the cost of the deluxe. If build quality is that much better, it might be worth it though.

4. If you want either of these, consider buying used-- I got a MIM Jazz V Deluxe for $350. shipped, and a MIM Jazz V Standard for 250. shipped. These aren't unusual prices, and both were in very good condition. ( one was from ebay, the other from TalkBass)
    Best regards,
    Rob