Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MIM jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basslax, Dec 3, 2001.

1. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    just one question..... are there any UNlined MIM jazz fretlesses?

2. yes.

3. Mark Hoppus

Mark Hoppus Banned

Dec 3, 2001
    why in the world would anyone want to use a jazz bass??? :confused:

4. Because they can.

5. Velkov

Velkov

Jan 17, 2001
    Lansdowne, Ontario
    UNlined fretless Jazz Basses are made in Japan. At least the ones I've seen were. I've never seen an MIM Jazz without lines.

6. seen a couple of unlined jazz and p-bass's in Bass Centre In London, which kinda surprised me, cos i thought fender only did lined ones (i don't care for fenders, so i genreally don't do that much research into them)

i remember someone debating the lined/unlined topic here a few weeks ago, he said the only disadvantage of the lines were they didn't do much fer yer ego....which made me smile....and its completly right! :)

*Si*

7. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    i cant stand lines because they get in my way and i tend to look at the fretboard too much. and if you have lines you have to adjust bridge to correct intonation which you dont really need to do with fretless. also, i play URB so lines look like crap to me :D

8. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    Well, I've never seen an unlined MIM, but the MIJ's are unlined. Why would you wanna play a jazz bass? Well, it's all subjective, but I believe it to be the best bass, you can feel free to disagree of course :) but it all comes down to what a particular person wants to play and wants to sound like.