MIM P-Bass or Passive Music Man SUB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    My post pretty much explains it. I want another four string to go along with my five (G&L Tribute L-2500). Although I might hold off and spend some real money and go boutique. I am inclined right now to get either a MIM P-bass (I found a really sweet growler that even has a good slap tone) or a MIM SUB which is on sale at Guitar Center for $499 (it gets a good Stingray slap tone and can get a pretty round tone with little or no treble.)
  2. BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    Passive SUB!! I had an Active SUB for a week and something just didn't sit with me. I played the Passive sub and was like, wow! Thats a lot of meat for a passive. So yea, the Passive SUB is way better than a MIM P (or J) also.
  3. I'd say go for the SUB, they're very nice, but then again, you can't go wrong with a MIM P either
  4. lenorules1950

Aug 20, 2004
    Meriden, CT
    I don't think it's a secret that I love my MiM Precision. I have no idea how they build those things but they take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. Then again, I've never played a MusicMan so I can't really compare.
  5. FooBass

Aug 25, 2004
    get the Musicman SUB... i own one...this bass is butter the neck is awesome go for it! :hyper: