1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MIM P-Bass or Passive Music Man SUB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    My post pretty much explains it. I want another four string to go along with my five (G&L Tribute L-2500). Although I might hold off and spend some real money and go boutique. I am inclined right now to get either a MIM P-bass (I found a really sweet growler that even has a good slap tone) or a MIM SUB which is on sale at Guitar Center for $499 (it gets a good Stingray slap tone and can get a pretty round tone with little or no treble.)

2. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    Passive SUB!! I had an Active SUB for a week and something just didn't sit with me. I played the Passive sub and was like, wow! Thats a lot of meat for a passive. So yea, the Passive SUB is way better than a MIM P (or J) also.

3. I'd say go for the SUB, they're very nice, but then again, you can't go wrong with a MIM P either

4. lenorules1950

lenorules1950

Aug 20, 2004
    Meriden, CT
    I don't think it's a secret that I love my MiM Precision. I have no idea how they build those things but they take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. Then again, I've never played a MusicMan so I can't really compare.

5. FooBass

FooBass

Aug 25, 2004
    get the Musicman SUB... i own one...this bass is butter the neck is awesome go for it! :hyper: