1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MIM P-Bass Pickguard?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eno50, Apr 4, 2009.

1. eno50

eno50

Jan 31, 2009
    North of Memphis
    Hate to beat a dead horse here,but I did do a search and can not find a solid answer....
    I pulled the trigger on an 07 MiM p-bass new old stock before the price went crazy,and want to change the pickguard. It is 13 hole but what is the difference? will some fit and some not? AM,MIJ,MiM and reissues are they all different? I do not want to go thru buying several untill I find one that fits so what do i need to look at, hole spaceing, neck pocket, pickup location? is there a difference.
    I called Stu-Mac about there pick guard and they said it will fit any fender p-bass, well OK so why is everyone having different problems finding one that fits?
    One guy on his post said the MIM bodys are smaller the necks are different size at the pocket and the pickups are located different than the US Model. I would like to get to the bottom of it, So does anyone have a good answer on this please let me know, and where to find one.
    Also The bass is Artic White and a different white than the original pickguard ,any Ideas on what color pickguard other than Tort and black that looks good on artic white ,worth looking at.
    Thanks Eno

2. If it's a Standard P Bass the regular 13 hole pickguard will fit. Here's a side by side of my '03 MIA Standard and my '08 MIM Standard. Both of them have the 13 hole Fender PG on them. No modifications needed on either bass.

pickguards.

3. Sometimes Musicians Friend has them, but WDMusic certainly will. There are slight differences among the MIMs; they will want a tracing or the original and do goowork. So does Jeannie's Pickguards--very fast turnaround. Best to get it done once and right

4. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    WARMOTH get a guard from them thats the only place ii buy guards from great service and it WILL fit your MIM bass i have ordered 3 for p basses there mexican made and they fit awesome

5. steveinohio

steveinohio

May 27, 2007
    I just went to GC and bought one made by Fender. Best fit I have ever gotten from a replacement. If you are looking for something a little more exotic there are plenty of places to do a custom job. Pickguardian did a great job for me too!