1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIM pickup mounting

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MammaryVest, Jan 7, 2007.

1. MammaryVest

MammaryVest

Oct 18, 2006
    Stoneham, MA
    Does anyone know how MIM pbass pickups are mounted? I notice mine are sinking down when I press my thumb on it, so I want to fix it so it's more solid. What counteracts the screws pushing them down? and how do I make it better?

2. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    They're usually held up by some foam rubber underneath - which eventually gets "tired", and allows them to sag... sounds like you need to prop 'em up a little better... The trick is to get enough of something(non conductive) under them to hold them up enough, but yet allow you to set them at the height you need... In the past, I've cut pieces of rags, or even paper towels to add some thickness to the foam rubber that was already there...

- georgestrings

3. pj-mike

pj-mike

Nov 22, 2005
    Bridgewater, MA
    I've used foam weatherstrip with peel off adheasive. You can find this stuff at hardware stores for short money.
    I hope this helps.

4. The Craw

The Craw

Jul 31, 2006
    Mouse pads work very well and don't sag as much over time.