1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIM Pickup upgrade: CS60s or N3 Noiseless

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MovingPitchers, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Well I'm stuck between the two. My MIM isn't shielded (dang it) so I'm guessing the N3 will be the choice if I don't want that nasty hum.

I am very favoured, though, towards the Custom Shop 60s although I heard people who have them say that they make a ton of noise even when their basses are shielded properly (i.e: the MIA Standards).

Both cost the same price so cost isn't an issue.

Another thing: I need to get two neck pickups because my pup spacing is the pre-updated design (made in 2000-2001).

Who has either of these pickups? What are your experiences with them? yay? Nay?

2. AlarmClock314

AlarmClock314

Mar 26, 2007
    Southern WI
    Here's two videos of the pickups:

You should also consider DiMarzio pickups. They sell neck pickups individually and are still in that $110-$130 price range.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  3. If you need to get 2 neck pickups, then that would rule out the CS60 because getting 2 neck pickups of this model will give hum at any volume position (regular jazz pickups hum-buck with both neck and bridge at full volume, or 50/50 mix)

elBandito likes this.
  4. Ah....touche....totally forgot about that