1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIM "Squier Series" Fender Bass 1995-96

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by riprorin, Jul 20, 2008.

1. riprorin

riprorin

Jun 5, 2008
    Anyone know anything about these? They were supposedly "student instruments" but the quality seems pretty good to me.

The headstock has "Fender" in big bold lettering and "Squier Series" in small lettering.

Actually, the one I have is 1994-95.

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    I had one I bought new in late '95. Nice Bass for the $200 I paid for it.

I played alot of gigs with it for three years before I bought my 98 MIA P.

3. david fitch

david fitch

Feb 20, 2007
    I played a few way back and from what I remember about them is they played and felt just like the Made In Mexico Standard Series. Somebody, I think it was on this forum said the M.I.M. Squire Series were made with bodys and necks cut in Mexico and the M.I.M. Standard Series necks and bodys were cut at the Corona plant. I would believe it because I do know they were cutting at least the necks in Corona back in the mid. 90's

4. riprorin

riprorin

Jun 5, 2008
    That's funny, I paid $200 for mine a couple of months ago (with a hard case)! The bridge was upgraded and the original pups were replaced with active EMGs.

I bought it for my 11 yr old son and I know next to nothing about basses, but it seems solid and well built with a very good finish.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021