mingo lewis-flight never ending

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by narud, Jun 23, 2004.

1. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    ok, i fully realize that maybe only 2 other people have this album, but what the heck :D

anyway, ive had this album for a while and it kills. but, i just picked up a nm copy off ebay and it came in today. it still had the original promo insert in it with a description of the band. it turns out the bass player (eric mccann) was only 17 at the time :eek: he plays some amazing stuff on this album. i cant believe he isnt on more albums.

so, if you havent heard this and dig 70's fusion, check your local used record bins!
  2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I still have a tape of it around somewhere. I liked it a lot when it came out but haven't listened to it for years.

Mingo had just left Santana when he recorded it, anyone who likes Santana's fusion recordings would probably enjoy it..if they could find a copy :rolleyes:
  3. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA

Well, if anyone;s interested, Audiophile Imports now carries a remastered CD version of "Flight Never Ending" released in 2007 and remastered.

Wondering whatever became of Eric McCann, he could lay down some serious funk at such a young age!
  4. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    talk about zombie thread! this album is still pretty badass and judging by the response, i really think only two people may own it:D
  5. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I wouldn't mind having it...at this time, other "imports" are higher up the ladder.

And since you guys seem like you're into the arcane stuff..
    Any have Manola Badrena's album (IIRC, Jaco is on 1) track